The Ontario Small and Medium Business Coalition (OSMBC) is the voice of small and medium Information Technology (IT) companies in Ontario. Our members specialize in providing Information Technology services and / or products to the Public and Private sectors in Ontario and help drive innovation in Ontario.
Unlike other organizations, the OSMBC is the only group that exclusively speaks for small and medium-sized IT providers. Our members are located in communities across Ontario where they employ thousands of people in skilled jobs – helping to strengthen both local communities and the local economy.
The OSMBC’s mission is to help foster and develop a competitive information technology (IT) environment where small and medium businesses can grow, innovate and prosper.
We provide our extensive membership with advocacy, networking, newsletters, and other benefits to help strengthen the sector and ensure we guide develop procurement and policies that help them thrive here at home and around the world.
The OSMBC is focused on advocating for our members regarding current and long-term issues and challenges in the landscape, such as maintaining the existing ON-Demand IT Services Vendor of Record (VOR) process; to ensure small and medium IT providers continue to compete, succeed and provide outstanding services.
If your business provides IT services in Ontario and is part of the Digital Economy, we encourage you to join OSMBC and contribute as a member. This will make sure your voice is heard and the small and medium sized IT firms succeed. We also welcome firms with professional practices aimed at the IT industry to join the OSMBC.
OSMBC goals include:
- To take active role, today and in the future, with our government in a continuous process to evaluate effective approaches to acquiring services, that will enable our government to reach its goals without jeopardizing the viability small and medium-sized Ontario businesses;
- To continue to compete for and win Ontario government IT Service contracts via open, fair and transparent competition;
- To continue to proudly service the Ontario government’s varied, specialist and expert level IT Service needs;
- To continue to provide good paying jobs in communities across Ontario; and,
- To continue to drive home-grown Ontario IT innovation to the benefit of all.